Friday, August 1, 2014

I Have Tested My Theory and It Was a Success and Free Flowing Rivers

Finally back home in Tucson after a month in the field with NOLS. I was fortunate enough to work two ten day river contracts on the Main Salmon River in Idaho. My reasons for exercising are many but the main objective is to continue to physically work NOLS courses at a high level of proficiency as I close in on 45 years old. I can say with certainty that I was able to perform at a high level in the backcountry and I credit a lot of that to my "frontcountry" workout regimen.

I do love being on the river. Seeing the history of human habitation on the Salmon along with all of the wildlife really reminds me of the importance of clean fresh water. It is an even more stark reminder now that I have returned to my home in the desert. I love the fact that the Main Salmon remains un-dammed, flowing freely.

Today's quote is from Bruce Babbitt:

"We have built one dam in the USA for every day since Jefferson signed the Declaration of Independence... Surely among 75,000 there are a few mistakes."

It was good to get back to working out again. I did a lot of exercises but I am easing back into my routine by using light weights. After a week of solid workouts I will return to the business of moving heavy weights and odd objects!

Afternoon Workout:
Warm-Up: One Mile Run

Weight Training: Chest and Arms
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
Incline Bench Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Flies
Push-Ups
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers
Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curls
Concentration Dumbbell Curls
Bench Press
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls
Dips
Hanging Toes to Bar

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment