Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Passing of Robin Williams and Lifting for the Shoulders and Triceps

I have found myself pretty bummed with the death of Robin Williams. I grew up right along with Williams' television career, watching him on the show "Happy Days" and then spinning off to its own show "Mork and Mindy". The thing that is so amazing to me, is that Williams was by far one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen, making everyone around him laugh hysterically. Yet, deep inside of himself he was suffering from mental illness.

I was very angry when I heard that Fox News' Shepard Smith commented that Williams was "such a coward" for committing suicide. What an ignorant asshole. I hope that no one that Shepard Smith knows and loves suffers from depression. I know that I will miss Robin Williams and that my life is better having witnessed his genius. Rest in Peace.

Today's quote is from Robin Williams after being asked by "Inside The Actors' Studio" host James Lipton the following question: "If heaven exists, what would you like God to say when you arrive at the pearly gates?"

"There is seating near the front. The concert begins at five, it'll be Mozart, Elvis and one of your choosing."

Weight Training: Shoulders and Triceps. Three sets of 6-8 repetitions unless otherwise stated.
Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press
Dumbbell Side Raises
Alternating Front Dumbbell Raises
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers
Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

Circuit Training: Perform each exercise in order to complete one set. Three sets total. No rest between sets.
Sandbag Overhead Press, 10 repetitions
Weighted Wrist Roll-Ups, 5 repetitions
Diamond Triceps Push-Ups, 20 repetitions

Barbell Push Press, 3 sets of 8, 5 and 4 repetitions
Barbell Skull Crushers

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment