Saturday, August 2, 2014

So This Must Be What It Is Like To Workout In South Florida?!

The monsoon is in full effect here in Tucson today. That is great news since I planted some native plant seeds yesterday to help hold soil on one of our slopes here. I planted them yesterday and it rained a little bit last night. All day today it has rained off and on which is perfect to try to get those desert plants to grow!

With the perfect conditions for the seeds came the weather that makes me sweat if I think too hard. At 3:20pm in the afternoon it is 85 degrees fahrenheit with 52% humidity. Great for the plants but makes it a constant battle to keep hydrated while working out and when I am done it looks like I just jumped in the swimming pool?!

Today's quote is from Paul Valery:

"Books have the same enemies as people: Fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content."

Warm-Up: Superset the two exercises for a total of three sets each.
Dynamic Lateral Step-Ups, 20 repetitions per set
Abdominal Crunches, 50 repetitions per set

Afternoon Workout: Back (Again, lighter weight as I ease back into my routine).
Dumbbell Pullovers
One Armed Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
TRX Rows
Upright Barbell Rows
Landmine Barbell Rows
Pull-Ups
Deadlifts (People often ask why I have these on my back day. I think there is a lot of validity to having    deadlifts on a leg day as well since it engages so many of the lower chain muscles. I think that it is a      coin toss on which day to do it on. You decide what is best for you.)

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment