Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day and The Rest Day

Today I wanted to acknowledge a very important person in my life, my stepmother Lynn. When I introduce people to her I just say that she is my mom. My mother, the woman who gave birth to me, was Anne Dunworth and no one has anything but glowing words of praise for her. Anne passed away when I was very young from liver cancer. I have no real memories of my mother. I wish I did, but I don't.

Lynn married my father and raised me and my two older brothers as if we were her own children. Lynn never had children of her own and I believe rightfully claims us as her boys. Times were not always easy and when I was 13 years old Lynn and my father divorced. I was angry at Lynn for leaving for a number of years until I finally got my head screwed on straight and realized that she had to leave when she did.

Since then Lynn and I have had a great relationship and I love her dearly as my mom. So, I just wanted to take the time to wish her a Happy Mother's Day! She took me on as her child and has done a pretty bang up job of raising me as a responsible member of society.

Today's quote is from Barbara Walters:

"Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy."

Rest day today. Eat, hydrate and get ready for tomorrow!

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment