Monday, May 12, 2014

Legs in the Heat and Cooling the Jets in the Pool

It is that time of year again. As soon as I complete a work out here in Tucson I go straight from the workout into the pool. It immediately cools me off and I really think that it helps my recovery.

Lots of people cleaning out cars and then packing up their lives to head to summer destinations. Many are headed to the NOLS "mothership" in Lander, Wyoming to work in the Wind River mountains. A few are headed to Alaska, the Teton Valley of Idaho or up to the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington. It is always nice when folks depart and the place gets quiet. It is also nice when everyone returns from their summer with stories about their adventures.

Today's quote is actually line from a song by the Dropkick Murphys, My Hero for all of my friends that are headed out:

"May the spirits all be with you
May the Devil turn his back
When the day is at its darkest
And anxiety attacks
Call on me to see you through it
Call on me to be your guide
I'll be there, son, when you need me
I'll be standing by your side..."

Morning Lifting Routine: Legs

Dumbbell Box Squats
Dumbbell Lunges
Heavy Barbell Front Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Bodyweight Calf Raises
Glute/Hamstring Developer

Evening Circuit: (Each exercise done in order to complete one set. Three sets total.)
Jump Rope, 100 repetitions or 50 double unders
30m Weighted Sled Drag, 170lb. sled
100m Weighted Keg Carry, 100lb. keg
30" Box Jump, 5 repetitions

Evening Weight Training:
Back Squats with Heavy Chains

No comments:

Post a Comment