Monday, June 2, 2014

Mixing Up The Back Workout

The weather forecaster did not lie. It was HOT today!

We are getting up at 5am each day to beat the heat and to get in a good dumbbell workout routine. Once it gets hot we retreat indoors until about 5pm. That is when I come out and do a second workout that is a bit more strenuous. Today I mixed up my back routine in the afternoon and it felt great! I find that variety in my workout keeps me interested, works muscles hard that I sometimes neglect and it is often times just fun.

Today's quote is from Sasha Cohen:

"Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle."

Morning Lifting Routine: Back
Dumbbell Pullover
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row
Upright Barbell Row
TRX Row
Pull-Ups

Evening Routine:
Wide Grip Pull-Ups, 5 sets to failure
Close Grip Pull-Ups, 5 sets to failure
Heavy Dumbbell Pullovers, 3 sets 8, 6 and 4 repetitions
Heavy Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row, 3 sets 8, 6 and 4 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 100 repetitions

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment