Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year and Resolutions

Happy New Year! We are back in the desert after a harrowing drive through an ice storm in west Texas. At one point we traveled just 280 miles in 8.5 hours, passing overturned pick-up trucks and tractor trailer rigs the whole way!! But slow and steady, we made it. It is great to be home.

I decided to write about resolutions today with the coming of 2015. It seems that this is the time of year that people resolve to eat healthier, exercise more, lose weight, etc. It also seems that most of those people fail. I have found three things that have worked well for me to help with meeting my exercise and fitness goals: 1) Documentation. Write down everything that you do. For me, committing to writing this blog has made me feel accountable to write just about everyday. You can also keep track in a journal, excel spreadsheet, whatever format you like. 2) Having people that you are accountable to. Significant other, workout partner, whoever it may be. I have found that having someone that is counting on me and making sure I am staying on target is amazingly helpful. It also makes exercise fun. 3) Success. Sticking to a program through support and documentation helps me achieve my goals. Achieving my goals makes me feel good about myself and exercise. Feeling good about exercise keeps me coming back! Set achievable goals and get at it!!

Today I rode the spin bike and did some crunches. Tomorrow, I will bust out the weights from their holiday hibernation and get back to the heavy lifting!

Today's quote is from Abraham Lincoln:

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

Workout:
HIIT Spin Bike, 30 minutes
Abdominal Crunches, 100 repetitions

Have a Great Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment