Friday, January 30, 2015

All-Natural Sunscreen, Chest and Biceps

I am going into NOLS "field mode" which includes thinking about being in the sun of southwest Texas all day long for a few weeks straight. To combat the sun in the desert there are two options: Wear very little clothes and LOTS of sunscreen or cover up completely from the sun and wear very little sunscreen. I go with the latter: Long sleeve shirt, long pants, cotton gardening gloves, wide brim hat, sunglasses and then my real secret weapon.... my beard. I grow it as long as possible to cover as much of my face as it can. When it is all said and done I use a lot of sunscreen on the tip of my nose and cheeks.

Today's quote is from John Hodgman:

"First of all, I wish I could grow a beard."

Workout: Chest and Biceps
Morning Routine:
Spin Bike HIIT, 30 minutes

Afternoon Routine:
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order for one minute to complete a set. One minute rest between sets. Three sets total.
Jumping Jack
Inch Worm
TRX Biceps Curl
Abdominal Crunch
Weight Training:
Captains of Crunch Grip Trainers between each of the following sets, 15 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Flexor carpi radialis, flexor carpi ulnaris)
Bench Press, 5 sets 1-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major, anterior deltoids, triceps brachii)
Weighted Dip, 5 sets to failure
(Primary muscles worked: Anterior deltoids, pectoralis major and minor, triceps brachii)
Super Set:
Dumbbell Fly, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor)
Push-Ups, 3 sets of 30 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor, triceps brachii)
Super Set:
Axle Bar 21 Curl, 3 sets
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii, flexor carpi radialis, flexor carpi ulnaris)
Dumbbell Hammer Curl, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii)

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment