Monday, January 26, 2015

Sympathies to the East Coast, Chest and Biceps

Tonight I am sending out much love and support to the folks on the east coast that are about to get blown up by a winter storm. It is a bit frightening when the Mayor of New York City says that it may be the worst snow storm to hit the city... EVER?! I have no complaints out here in the desert. I hope folks just hunker down and wait out the storm in safety.

Today's quote is from Shalom Harlow:

"My favorite New York memory is that blizzard in '96. I get chills thinking about it. It's my favorite time here - call me crazy. I'm from Canada, and it's very cold up there."

Today we did a brief warm-up followed by one very light bench set and then went for a one repetition maximum press. The last three sets were of 6-8 repetitions.

Workout: Chest and Biceps
Warm-Up:
Jumping Jack, 30 repetitions
Push-Up, 20 repetitions
Abdominal Crunch, 50 repetitions
Weight Training:
Bench Press, 5 sets of 1-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major, anterior deltoids, triceps brachii)
Dip, 5 sets to failure
(Primary muscles worked: Anterior deltoids, pectoralis major and minor, rhomboid major and minor, triceps brachii)
Dumbbell Fly, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor)
Axle Bar Biceps Curl, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii, flexor carpi radialis, flexor carpi ulnaris)
Dumbbell Concentration Curl, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii)
Foam Roller Work

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment