Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jury Duty, Shoulders and Triceps

Ah, jury duty. I got a summons to report tomorrow and looked tonight to see when I am supposed to be at the courthouse in the morning and I found that I have been rescheduled. I have been rescheduled for February 10th when I will be on contract to go paddle on the Rio Grande in southwest Texas until March 2nd. I have petitioned to be rescheduled or excused, but I have a funny feeling that I am going to get an unsympathetic e-mail response tomorrow. I am happy to serve on jury duty but not at the cost of missing a contract that represents 10% of my annual income. Unfortunately, $12.00 a day plus mileage will not make up for that either.

Today's quote is from Dave Barry:

"We operate under a jury system in this country, and as much as we complain about it, we have to admit that we know of no better system, except possibly flipping a coin."

Workout: Shoulders and Triceps
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order for one minute to complete a set. Three sets toral with no rest.
Jumping Jacks
Lightweight Side Dumbbell Raise
Lightweight Front Plate Raise
Abdominal Crunches
Weight Training:
Seated Barbell Military Press, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Deltoids)
Barbell Shoulder Shrugs, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Upper trapezius, scapulae levator)
Super Set:
Landmine Jammer 5 Press (5 one handed presses on each side and then 5 two-handed presses), 3 sets
(Primary muscles worked: Deltoids)
Side Dumbbell Raise, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Lateral deltoids, supraspinatus, trapezius)
Super Set:
Axle Bar Skull Crusher, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Triceps brachii)
Medicine Ball Push-Up, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Triceps brachii, rectus abdominis)
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extension, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Triceps brachii)

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment