Saturday, December 21, 2013

Stealing a Workout and the WOD!

Everyday, my two brothers and I exchange e-mails to share the things that we did for exercise. Today I got a great e-mail from my brother Kevin who is a general contractor, home builder and owner of Newphire. I think that it speaks for itself on ways that you can get a workout into your day.


"Unlike Brian, I rarely have or make the time to do a solid block of working out.  I do, however, steal a workout throughout the day without adding much time to my other commitments.  For example, yesterday I put my tea water on to boil and did a set of 50 pushups and a couple of TRX sets of shoulder and ab stuff.  I knocked out another set of pushups while cooking breakfast.  While bushing my teeth, I did 2 minutes of squats into toe raises.  At work, I spent about 30 minutes cleaning out footings by shoveling out loose dirt that had fallen in.  Bought a sack of chicken food and rather than lifting it once to put it away, I lifted it 10 times.  Got in a set of twisting bicycle crunches in the evening." 



"Far from an overwhelming amount, and I wish that I did more, but it beats the hell out of nothing and it literally took no more than a few "extra minutes" out of my day." 



"Today I am going to split well over 50 gigantic hickory logs.  They were knocked down in a mini twister in our backyard two summers ago and I need to get them split before they rot.  I broke down and got a splitter from the rental place (for free- perks of the contractor) as each log takes over 30 minutes to split with a maul.  Nonetheless, I will be lifting a shitload of wood to get it to the splitter and positioned right, then load it in the wheelbarrow, cart it across the yard, and stack it in the woodshed.  I will be worn out by the end of the day."

To me that sounds as good if not better than anything I do on a daily basis!

The WOD: Chest and Biceps
2.5 Mile Walk with the Dog "Ocho"
Dumbbell Chest Press
Suspension Strap Flies
Weighted Pushups
Alternating Dumbbell Curls
Suspension Strap Biceps Curls
Concentration Biceps Curls
Abdominal Work

Have a Great Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment