Tuesday, December 10, 2013

And so it begins...

Welcome to the first posting of Blood, Chalk, Sweat and Tears. My name is Brian "Duck" Murphy and I have started this blog for a few reasons. The main reason though is to hopefully start discussions around strength training, fitness and exercise with people who are out there doing amazing stuff.

I live a truly blessed life and have had a variety of jobs that have involved a need to be physically fit. I am an honorably discharged combat veteran of the United States Marines, I have worked for the Department of the Army taking soldiers and their families on outdoor recreation adventures in Colorado and I am currently a senior Field Instructor and Program Supervisor for the National Outdoor Leadership School. Each of these careers has required a level of strength, agility and endurance that can only be acquired through training. I also firmly believe that maintaining this constant level of physical fitness since I was a Marine recruit at Parris Island has helped me remain healthy and relatively injury free into my mid-40s (Knock on wood. Now.)

Topics that I will be posting on will include: daily workouts, food and nutrition, supplementation, body work, gear and equipment reviews, outdoor adventures, my Red Heeler Ocho and who knows what else?!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment