Friday, December 27, 2013

Power Shake, Vitamix and the WOD!


I wanted to drop a quick shake recipe on folks. I usually have this mid-morning after a workout. I try to find a lot of my equipment used (i.e. Olympic plates) or even make a lot of my own gear (i.e. drag sled, Atlas stones). Some gear though I purchase, and when I do I purchase quality gear. One thing that we bit the bullet on was a Vitamix blender. It is a beast, can pulverize anything that you put in there, and comes with a 7-year warranty!



Back to that shake recipe.  It is loaded with great fiber, green leafy vegetables, protein, antioxidants and some simple carbohydrates. This makes two servings:



12 oz. 2% Milk (I don’t get much dairy so I use real milk. Feel free to substitute soy, rice or whatever “milk” floats your boat.)

1 large carrot

2 kale leaves with the stems removed (I find that this removes some of the bitterness.)

1 frozen banana


3-4 frozen organic strawberries

1 tablespoon of raw organic cacao nibs

1 heaping scoop of Syntha-6 vanilla protein powder



Blend all ingredients to a thick shake consistency. Add water if you need to thin it out a bit. Enjoy!



The WOD is for the Back! Also, today we get packed up and drive back across the country to Arizona. That will put me back in my home gym and I will be able to start up with some great supplemental workouts again. I would say that the workouts while at home for the holidays have been a real success and I am feeling strong despite the holiday drinking and eating!



Walked the dog around the block. Ocho cannot wait to get back to his ten acres in Arizona though!

Dumbbell Pullovers

One armed Dumbbell Rows

Sandbag Upright Rows

Dumbbell Snatch

Weighted Pull-ups

Abdominal Work



Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment