Saturday, September 10, 2016

Heavy Day at the Gym

I have been spending at least three sessions a week learning the technical aspects of the snatch, the clean and the jerk. Each day I have gone into the gym my coach has been giving me drills and exercises to help me get down the finer points of each of the Olympic lifts. Today after warming up he just said to me, "I want you to do what you need to do to post a one repetition maximum in each lift. Start with the snatch." Heavy day at the gym.

Warm-Up:
Row, 500m
Foam Roller Work
PVC Passthrough, 10 repetitions
PVC Wraparound, 10 repetitions
Weight Training:
Snatch Building Up to 1-RM, 6 repetitions
Clean and Split Jerk Building Up to 1-RM, 6 repetitions
Clean Building Up to 1-RM, 6 repetitions
Mobility:
Banded Shoulder Stretches
Quadriceps Stretch
Hamstring Stretch
Foam Roller Work

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment