Sunday, September 11, 2016

9/11 and Marathon Training.... Can You Say, "Duh?!"

Fifteen years.... it is so strange to think it has been that long since the 9/11 attacks on the United States. So much has happened. The part that I struggle with the most is just wrapping my head around all of the lost lives since then. The people in the Twin Towers, the Pentagon. The people on all the planes that hit both of those targets and the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. The first responders that died in the rescue process and those that became sick and died after the clean up. Then there are the other thousands that have died in the "War on Terror" that came after 9/11. Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Syria.... and with the formation of the so called "Islamic State" the people here in Chattanooga, San Bernardino, Orlando, Brussels, France, Benghazi, London...etc., etc. It never really seems to end. It will be nice when this cycle of violence comes to an end. Someday.

On a much, MUCH lighter note, the second day of running in preparation for the Chattanooga Marathon went much better than the first day.... and I wonder what the hell I was thinking. Lets see, why was today so much better than last Thursday? Hmmmm.... could have been that it was 67 degrees instead of 90 some odd degrees? Could have been that I didn't spend 4 hours prior to that chucking boxes at UPS? Duh. So I have made what I think is the very wise decision to switch my eventual long runs to Sunday and my hour and a half training runs for Thursdays. We will see how it all works out.

Workout:
Run, 40 minutes
Mobility:
Relaxing Stretches for the Back
Hamstring Stretch
Quadriceps Stretch
Foam Roller Work

Have a Great Day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment