Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Summer Trial and Change Continues

Today I am going to ride the Concept2 Rowing Machine and go for a maximum distance in 30 minutes. Tomorrow I am going to begin a one week free trial at a local Crossfit affiliate. I have never tried Crossfit and I am very interested to see the progression throughout the week. I like the idea of Crossfit with a combination of exercises (i.e. cardiorespiratory, weight training, power training, etc.) however I do not know how I feel about the competitive "Again, faster" mentality. I feel that in some modalities (i.e. load bearing exercises) "faster" can often manifest itself as poor form and that can lead to injury. I will list the daily workouts here and give my feelings after each workout.

Today's quote is from George Bernard Shaw:

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

Workout: Cardiorespiratory
Rowing Machine, 30 minutes maximum distance
Straight Leg Sit-Up, 50 repetitions

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment