Thursday, July 23, 2015

Quick Crossfit Day Four Post

My legs would like to thank the Crossfit gods for the Workout of the Day today! It turned out to be a WOD that focused mostly on the upper body which my quads really appreciated. We had a good 1.5 mile run on the warm-up and I had a nice chat with one of the members. Clearly one of the best parts of Crossfit is the camaraderie that you build with the people there. I have had a good time getting to know a few of the folks that are members of the local box. After four days I have realized that the workouts in Crossfit are tough, can be applied a number of fitness abilities and the variety will keep me from getting bored. I do have most of the gear at home to do these workouts so it is hard to justify paying a membership fee. If I did not have my own gear, I would absolutely join up!

Warm-Up:
3 minute continuous Air Squat
5 minute AMRAP at warm-up pace:
30 second hold Chin Over Pull-Up Bar
25m Foot Pull Drills
30 second Hollow Rock Hold
Cardiorespiratory:
2x8 minute Steady State Run at 70%-80% of Maximum Heart Rate
Rest one minute between sets
WOD: Metabolic Conditioning, 4 Rounds for Time
10 Hand Release Push-Ups
9 Toes to Bar or Knees to Chest
8 Ring Dips
7 Hang Power Cleans (75/55) (the Rx+ is 135 lbs. for men so I went with 100 lbs.)
Cooldown:
3 minutes of One Leg Jump Rope

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment