Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11th and a Heavy Chest and Biceps Day

Like a lot of people, I think about where I was on 9/11 whenever this anniversary rolls around. I know exactly where I was and I remember every second of the news that I watched that day. I can close my eyes and clearly replay the video of the second plane flying into the World Trade Center. Besides the obvious anger, frustration and sadness, I remember the eerie feeling of their being no planes in the sky. No contrails, no sounds of planes, nothing but clear blue southern Virginia sky. I hope that someday we can be at peace and not have to keep fighting this endless "war on terror".

Three of us worked out this morning and then there were another two folks who came to work out with me in the evening. It was a heavy day for me since everyone wanted to do some strength training. I will be ready for tomorrow's planned break from the weights.

Today's quote is from Todd Beamer:

"Are you guys ready? Lets roll."

Workout: Chest and Biceps
A.M. Routine:
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. Three sets total.
Trunk Twists, 20 repetitions
TRX Flies, 20 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 50
Weight Training:
Bench Press with Resistance Bands, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Flies, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dips, 5 sets to failure
Superset:
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 3 sets of 10-20 repetitions

P.M. Routine:
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order for one minute to complete a set. Three sets total.
Trunk Twists
Laying Medicine Ball Chest Pass
Abdominal Crunches
Weight Training:
Bench Press, 5 sets of 1-6 repetitions
Dumbbell Flies, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dips, 5 sets to failure
Superset:
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 3 sets of 10-20 repetitions
Between each of the above sets, one set of 10-15 Captains of Crush Grip Trainers

Have a Great Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment