Monday, September 29, 2014

Fun and Leg Day!

A good friend of mine texted me yesterday and said that he wanted to bring his sister over to workout. His sister is from Brooklyn and was visiting Tucson so they both came over along with my buddy's wife. I told him that I would throw together and evening circuit for leg day that would be a little over 25 minutes long.

Generally speaking I make my circuits in a way that folks can challenge themselves as much or as little as they want. An example would be walking lunges. You can do bodyweight walking lunges for one minute during the circuit or you can grab a couple of kettlebells and add 70 pounds to those lunges. The goal for me is for people to feel like they have had a good workout and are excited to come back again in the future. When the circuit was done this evening we were all tired from the exertion but my buddy's sister paid me the highest of compliments by simply saying, "That was really fun!"

Today's quote is from Michael Jordan:

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."

Workout: Legs
Morning Session:
Warm-Up:
Jump Rope, 100 repetitions
Step-Ups, 20 repetitions
Air Squats, 25 repetitions
Weight Training:
Front Squats, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions
Barbell Walking Lunges, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
50m Weighted Sled Drag, 3 repetitions
Weighted Standing Calf Raises, 3 sets of 15-20 repetitions
GHD, 3 sets of 10 repetitions

Evening Circuit: Perform each exercise in order for one minute to complete a set. Three sets total.
Lateral Shuttle Run
Walking Lunges
Standing Calf Raises
Prisoner Step-Ups
Abdominal Crunches
Goblet Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Have a Great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment