Sunday, September 28, 2014

Body Work, Shoulders and Triceps

I went an got a massage today. Every time I go to get a massage I leave, feel great and wonder why the hell I waited so long. This time I really needed to go. I slept wrong or did some other wonky thing to end up with a stiff neck. The therapist spent an hour working exclusively on my upper body, mostly with elbows pressing on trigger points. I felt like a million bucks afterwards. I definitely did not want to head into a field contract next week with a tweaked neck!

Today's quote is from James Joyce:

"Ireland sober is Ireland stiff."

Workout: Shoulders and Triceps
Morning Session:
Warm-Up:
Side Shoulder Circles, 20 repetitions in each direction
Front Shoulder Circles, 20 repetitions in each direction
Overhead Shoulder Circles, 20 repetitions in each direction
Weight Training:
Seated Barbell Military Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
TRX Reverse Flies, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Front Plate Raise, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Diamond Triceps Push-Ups, 3 sets of 20 repetitions
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions, 3 sets of 6-8 repetitions

Evening Session:
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Side Dumbbell Raise, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Alternating Front Dumbbell Raise, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment