Thursday, September 25, 2014

Redskins, What is in a Name? Chest and Biceps Day

I am currently sitting at my desk decked out in the colors of my favorite team: Burgundy and Gold of the Washington Redskins. There is a big divisional game tonight against the New York Giants and I am wearing my London Fletcher t-shirt and Redskins ball cap. I am a big fan. Maybe not the biggest fan: I don't wear a hog nose, I don't paint myself, and I don't dress up like an Indian Chief. But I have done my share of cussing and throwing objects around the room over the last 20 years as the Redskins have wallowed in mediocrity.

There are those out there that say that the Redskins' name is racist. They say that it is offensive to the American Indian community (I do not call them "Native Americans". I have lived out west for a while now and lived near and interacted a number of Indians. Every Indian I have ever met has called themselves "Indian" so that is what I call them.) There are also people like Redskins' owner Daniel Snyder (and former owner Jack Kent Cooke before him...) who, even when faced with the assertions that their team's name is a racist slur swear that it will never be changed. I just don't understand that at all. I am as big a fan as there is when it comes to the 'Skins. I am loyal. But that loyalty is not to a name, especially one that alienates and offends an entire population of this country. My loyalty is to my home town team. When the Washington Bullets changed their name to the Wizards I didn't jump ship. I for one think that if Snyder showed some class for once in his life and changed the name, that he may actually attract MORE fans!

Today's quote is from Jack Kent Cooke:

"The name of the Redskins will remain the Redskins."

Workout: Chest and Biceps
Morning Routine:
Warm-Up:
Push-Ups, 20 repetitions
Laying Medicine Ball Chest Pass, 20 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 30 repetitions
Weight Training:
Bench Press, 5 sets of 5 repetitions
Weighted Dips, Bodyweight +50lb., 5 sets maximum repetitions
21s Barbell Curls, 3 sets
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers between each of the above sets

Afternoon Routine:
Dumbbell Chest Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Incline Chest Press, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Flies, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Dumbbell Forearm Curls, 3 sets of 15 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 100 repetitions

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment