Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Shoulders, Triceps, Getting Older and The Love of Craigslist

I enjoyed a great day off from work today!

I love Craigslist. I am a firm believer in the fact that anything you want will appear on Craigslist if you are just patient enough. Yesterday the power rack that I have been eyeballing for a long time appeared on the site: Rogue Fitness R4 Power Rack. The guy threw in a Matador dip attachment, a set of band pegs, and two weight storage pins! I jumped on it as soon as I saw it and now have a great rack that makes heavy lifts a whole lot safer. I worked this morning while it was cool to make a sturdy, level platform that I could bolt the rack to.

I lift six days a week and have a life long friend from back in Virginia that now lives in Houston. We don't get to see each other very often but we are both doing a lot of heavy lifting: He is currently doing a 5x5 workout of bench press, squats, deadlifts and rows. We are the same age and we text each other with our gains. I mostly text him my gains in the lifts he is doing. Lately we have been commenting about how we lift more now than we did when we were 19 years old but that the gains are slower. The reality has set in that we are middle aged and that we are losing muscle mass and bone density each and every day as we get older. We will keep at it though, I just might have to buy a few fractional plates!

Today's quote is from George Bernard Shaw:

"You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing."

Weight Training: Shoulders and Triceps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press
Alternating Front Dumbbell Raises
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers
Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks
Triceps Push-Ups
Overhead Triceps Extensions
Heavy Barbell Shoulder Shrugs
Barbell Push Press (New personal best tonight!)
Barbell Skull Crushers

Have a Great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment