Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Chest Arms and a New Shoe Review!

I worked a solid 14 hours yesterday so it became the "rest" day for this week. I drove back to Tucson from the Diamond Creek Trailhead in the Gila National Forest to get our NOLS Southwest Semester students back here for their graduation. What a great group of young folks who are heading out now to transfer the leadership skills they learned in the back country to their front country lives.

Today was also a busy day at work but we were able to slip in a heavy chest and arm workout after the day was done. It was a good session mostly because the two people I worked out with both put up personal bests on the bench press!

I also wanted to blog about a great new shoe that I purchased: The Merrell Trail Glove running shoe! I have had such a great week in these things that I ordered a second pair just in case Merrell does something foolish like discontinue them. The shoe is freakishly light at about 7 oz., has a wide comfortable toe box, is a true zero drop shoe and the sole is thin enough that it feels like I am wearing next to nothing. Another bonus compared to the Brooks PureConnect is that they do not allow sand to sift into them during sled drags in the wash. I did find that they ran about a half size large and I initially sent them back to get a smaller size. I will keep you posted on their durability.

Today's quote is from Duke Ellington and is for both Rebecca and Travis for their great lifts today!

"A problem is a chance for you to do your best."

Weight Training: Chest and Biceps
Heavy Bench Press
Weighted Dips
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Flies
Push-Ups
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers
Standing Dumbbell Curls
Concentration Dumbbell Curls

Have a Great Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment