Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Changing It Up On Back Day!

If you follow this blog you will see that I try to do different variants of similar exercises. Take rows for example: One armed dumbbell rows, up right barbell rows and landmine rows. I think it is a good thing to work muscle groups with a variety of exercises. This not only keeps me from getting mentally bored but it also keeps my muscles from getting used to one workout routine. By constantly changing parts of my workouts and their intensity my body is more likely to change for the better. Today I added in fat bar wide grip pull-ups, a weighted keg lift onto a platform and sumo deadlifts!

Today's quote is from Steve Jobs:

"For the last 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

Morning Lifting Routine: Back
Dumbbell Pullovers
One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
Superset: Pull-ups, TRX Rows, Upright Barbell Rows
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers

Evening Circuit: (Do each exercise in order to complete a set. Three sets total. One minute rest between sets.)
Fat Bar Wide Grip Pull-Ups, maximum repetitions
Kettle Bell Swings, 20 repetitions
Fat Grip Dumbbell Snatches, 5 repetitions per side
Weighted Keg to 48" Platform, 5 repetitions

Evening Lifting Routine:
Landmine Rows, 3 sets
Sumo Deadlifts, 3 sets

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment