Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lifting for the Back, Earth Day and the WOD: 5x5x3

It was Earth Day yesterday and that always reminds me how lucky I have been for the last 15 years working for NOLS. I have had the privilege of being paid to travel in some of the most remote wild lands on this Earth. It shocks me though when I can be in a pristine place like the Kimberley region of Australia or the Arctic Barrenlands and see no sign of human beings for over a month and then come back to "civilization" and see how badly we treat our environment. Someday I sincerely hope that humans will realize that everything, I mean EVERYTHING we do impacts this Earth. Someday. My co-worker sent out this cartoon on Earth Day and I think that it says it all.


Today was a great workout day. We had a good morning lifting session and then there were three folks for the evening WOD. My good friend whose wife had a baby on April 1st came for the first time in a while. It was great to have him here and we had a fun time working out.

Today's quote is from John Muir:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe."

Morning Weight Training Session: Back
Heavy Dumbbell Pullovers
Heavy One Armed Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows
Upright Barbell Rows
Weighted Close Grip Pull-Ups

Evening WOD: 5x5x3 (Do each exercise in order to complete one set. Three sets total.)
5 - Sledgehammer Swings per side
5 - Tire Flips
5 - Atlas Stone Lifts
5- 15 foot Rope Climbs
5 - Fat Grip Dumbbell Snatches

Evening Weight Training:
Landmine Rows
Heavy Deadlifts

Have a Great Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment