Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shoulders, Triceps and the Travel Workout: "The 25-Minutes of Pain"

Today was a great day at work as the NOLS Southwest Semester got all geared up for 80 days in the backcountry. They head out for the mountains early tomorrow morning.

I am headed back east to visit with some long time friends for the weekend. I travel as light as possible when I fly but still want to workout. My traveling workout is pretty simple and something I like to call: 

"The 25 Minutes of Pain": (Each exercise for one minute, three sets. 10 second rest between exercises, one minute rest between sets.)
Jumping Jacks
Squats
Lunges
Plank
Abdominal Crunches
Push-ups
Shoulder Circles
It is a good full body workout where I only need to have a pair of shorts and my shoes to workout. It keeps me moving while I am gone and I am still ready to get back to the gym when I return home!

Today's weight training was Shoulders and Triceps:
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Alternating Front Dumbbell Raise
Lateral Dumbbell Raise
Diamond Push-ups
Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks
Suspension Strap Triceps Face Breakers
Weighted Keg Push Press

Have a Great Day and I will post again on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment