Sunday, January 5, 2014

DIY Drag Sled and the Leg WOD!

Today I was going to show folks my homemade drag sled and then go through the leg WOD.

I started the sled by finding an old blown out tire. If you don't have one lying around just go to your local tire store and they will GIVE you one since they are charged to dispose of them. Next I drilled four holes in the tire and bolted two old pieces of 2x4 into the inside of the tire.

After I bolted the 2x4s to the inside of the tire I cut pieces of plywood to fit into the hole in one side of the tire.  I then screwed the plywood to the 2x4s inside the tire.

I then drilled a hole in the middle of a piece of 2x4 that is about 5 inches long. I drilled a hole through the tread of the tire and bolted the piece of 2x4 to the tire with a long eye bolt.

The last part was to fashion some handles to drag the sled. I used old 1 inch tubular webbing and some small pieces of PVC pipe. I attach the handle to the eye bolt with an old oval carabiner.
Finally, all you have to do is load it up with whatever weights you have lying around, old scrap metal, rocks, whatever! If you make the handles long enough you can drag the sled walking backwards and put the straps over your shoulders and drag the sled walking forward.
WOD: Legs and "Everybody Jump, Jump, Jump!"
Dumbbell Box Squats
Dumbbell Lunges
Barbell Front Squat
Barbell Straight Leg Deadlift
Glute Hamstring Developer
Calf Raises
Barbell Back Squats with Heavy Chains

"Everybody Jump, Jump, Jump!"
Jump Rope. 1 minute
Standing Jump onto 30 inch Platform. 5 minutes
150 lbs. Weighted Sled Drag. 100 ft. drag backwards then switch to 100 ft. dragging forward. 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment