Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Socks are Evil, Low Back Pain and Recovery

Today is going to be a day of resting, hydrating and doing a series of relaxing stretches for my back. Why? I put on my socks. I have a history of lower back pain and according to the American Chiropractic Association, 31 million other Americans can have the same pain at any given time. So though today was going to be an upper body lifting day, it has turned into a maintenance day of icing the back for 20 minutes at a time, stretching and working out some knots back there! Apparently with age comes wisdom?! Crazy.

Today's quote is from Louis C.K.:

“Putting on my socks is the worst part of every day, and it always will be. Even if I have a terrible day in the future where my grandmother is murdered by my other grandmother, if that ever happened to me, the worst part of that day will be when I put on my socks.”

Stretching, icing and myofascial release... that is the plan for the day.

Have a Great One!

No comments:

Post a Comment