Saturday, December 17, 2016

Friday Afternoon Workout and a Saturday Rest Day

Last night I went into the gym and did my Olympic lifting. It was nice because the facility was practically empty but the best part is that I can take Saturday off completely! It works out well for a couple of reasons: 1) I was able to sleep in without setting an alarm and it wasn't until our little Blue Heeler Biscuit heard me moving around that I had to wake up. 2) Doing squats on Friday gives my legs a whole day to recover before I run 15+ miles on Sunday?! Huge.

Warm-Up:
Airdyne, 2 minutes
Foam Roller Work
PVC Passthrough, 20 repetitions
Weight Training:
Snatch, 6 repetitions at 75%, 3 repetitions at 80%, 2 repetitions at 85%
Clean and Jerk, 8 repetitions at 75%, 3 repetitions at 80%, 9 repetitions at 85%
Back Squat, 4 sets of 8 repetitions at 68%
Alternating Front and Behind the Neck Push Press, 4 sets of 6 repetitions
GHD Sit-Up, 20 repetitions
Mobility:
Banded Shoulder Stretches
Quadriceps Stretch
Hamstring Stretch

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment