Saturday, October 8, 2016

Crash, Burn and an Upper Body Workout

Yesterday was a nice rest day. On my last running day however, there was an incident. I was running at Stringer's Ridge on a trail when a pesky root tripped me. The ensuing crash opened up a big, nasty flapper on my left knee. This will be the first (probably not last....) incident where I am glad that there is an ER doc in the house. This photo was taken just before Rebecca said "Oooooo! I just got a big stick out of it!"

This morning I figured it would be best NOT to do a bunch of squats that usually go along with my normal Olympic lifting workout on the wounded knee. Today will be an upper body workout with the hopes that I can run on it tomorrow.

Warm-Up:
Jump Rope, 100 skips
Weight Training:
Bench Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
Strict, No-Kip Pull-Up, 4 sets of 10 repetitions
Barbell Shoulder Shrug, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Seated Barbell Military Press, 4 sets of 4-6 repetitions
Core Work: Perform 20 repetitions of each exercise in order with no rest between exercises.
Flutter Kick
Lying Heel Touch
Knee Pull-In
Lying Leg Lift
Mobility:
Banded Shoulder Stretch

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment