Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy Saint Patrick's Day and Back Day!

What started out as a day of feast and celebration for Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland has become a day for people who want to celebrate everything they think is Irish. I for one don't go out on St. Patrick's Day: I don't drink green beer, I don't drink the offensively named "Irish Car Bomb" and I don't dress up like a leprechaun. My father took it pretty seriously as an Irish-American: I will drink a quality stout beer, I will sip some good whiskey, I will listen to some Clancy Brothers, and I will think about my dad.

Today's quote is from William Butler Yeats:

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Workout: Back
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order for one minute each to complete a set. Three sets total.
Jumping Jack
Trunk Twist
Barbell Good Morning
TRX Row
Bicycle Abdominal Crunch
Weight Training:
Weighted Pull-Up, 5 sets of maximum repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi, infraspinatus, teres major and minor)
Bent Over Dumbbell Row, 3 sets of 6-8 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi)
Dumbbell Pull Over, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi)
Landmine Torso Twist, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Internal and external obliques)
Landmine T-Bar Row, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi, major and minor rhomboids, posterior deltoids)

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment