Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Bit Strange and Back Exercises

I wrapped up my time in the field with a day off before stepping back into front country mode and working in the office again. Tomorrow I begin briefing the NOLS Semester on the Borders for the Southwest portion of their course. It is a bit strange because I have put my river gear away and will not need it again until next fall. This will be one of the longest breaks between field contracts that I have had in my NOLS career: I have chosen to stay at home and support Rebecca this summer while she continues the odyssey of medical school.

Today's quote is from Patrick Warburton:

"I have a family to support. And I'm not always going to be doing exactly what I want to do."

Workout: Back
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. Three sets total. One minute rest between sets.
Jump Rope
Trunk Twist
Barbell Good Morning
TRX Row
Abdominal Crunch
Weight Training:
Pull-Up, 3 sets of maximum repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi, infraspinatus, teres major and minor)
Upright Row, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Upper trapezius, deltoids, biceps brachii)
Landmine Row, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Latissimus dorsi, teres major)
Landmine Torso Twist, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked:  Internal and external obliques)
Sumo Deadlift, 5 sets of 1-3 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Iliocostalis, longissimus, spinalis, and biceps femoris)


Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment