Friday, November 25, 2016

New Found Appreciation and a Rest Day!!

Today is a day away from the weights and running. Yesterday I posted what I was thankful for and I wrote that prior to dinner. Rebecca had to work at the hospital yesterday so the Thanksgiving meal was left to me. Now, there are only two of us so it seemed silly to roast an entire turkey and I also did not attempt a pie.... I bought a pumpkin pie. So the rest of the meal was made from scratch: a roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, roasted asparagus and fresh whipped cream for the pie. I now have an even greater admiration for all the people in my life who have pulled off a great Thanksgiving meal solo. It took all of my mental ability to have everything prepared and warm at the same time so that when Rebecca got home we could eat. It all came together but it was certainly touch and go there for a little bit. Thanks grandma, Lynn and all of the amazing Marine cooks that have fed me over the years!!

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment