Monday, August 22, 2016

Blessed Life in Chattanooga and the Workout

In the evenings I drive in to the gym and listen to "All Things Considered" and the NPR Newscast. Often times I have things on my mind like "When am I going to get to the lawn that needs to be mowed...", "I need to make sure the dogs get a long walk before bed..." or "Focus on my leg drive during my clean...." Then I hear the news and it becomes clear that that I am one of the luckiest people in the world. My life is cake. My home is not threatened by fire or flood, there is no excessive lead in my water, there are not car bombs going off in the market where I shop, I am not profiled because of the color of my skin. My life here in Chattanooga is truly blessed.... I need to try to remember that more often.

Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. No rest between each exercise. Three sets total.
Air Squat, 20 repetitions
GHD Leg Extension with PVC Overhead Press, 10 repetitions
Banded Shoulder Stretch, 30 seconds per side
Weight Training:
Super Set: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. No rest between exercises. Five sets total.
Clean from the Block, 2 repetitions
Front Squat, 2 repetitions
Push Press, 2 repetitions
Super Set: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. No rest between exercises. Ten sets total.
Clean from the Block
Push Jerk
Super Set: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. No rest between exercises. Five sets total.
Reverse Lunge from the Front Rack Position, 6 repetitions per side
Box Jump, 3 repetitions
Barbell Weighted Verticals, 4 sets of 4 repetitions

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment