Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tomorrow is a Big Day and the Workout

Tomorrow is my first day working as a personal trainer here in Chattanooga. It is also the first day that I can start being a mentee as a strength and performance coach. Starting a new career at 46 years old is a little scary, but also pretty exciting. On Friday, I had a great meeting with a local coach who was willing to help me out. Besides working at a big corporate gym here, I am going to clean this guy's smaller training room twice a week. He is going to pay me a small amount for the cleaning, but I will also get free training from him and will be able to shadow him as he coaches athletes in Olympic lifts. In August I will participate in a USA Weightlifting Level One Sport Performance Coaching and then start coaching folks in his facility. I have spent a lot of the last 20 years mentoring others, we will see how the shoe fits on the other foot!

Warm-Up:
Ball Slam, Perform ball slams for one minute and then rest for one minute to complete a round. Three rounds total.
PVC Passthrough, 20 repetitions
PVC Wraparound, 20 repetitions
Workout:
Strict Barbell Overhead Press, 5 sets of 5 repetitions
Triceps Rope Chain Pull, 3 sets of 15 repetitions
Front Plate Raise, 3 sets of 15 repetitions
Triceps Dips, 3 sets of 25 repetitions
Side Dumbbell Raise, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Super Set: Perform the next two exercises in order to complete a set. No rest between exercises. Three sets total.
EZ Bar Skull Crusher, 10 repetitions
EZ Bar Close Grip Press, 15 repetitions
Core Work: Perform 30 repetitions of each of the following exercises. No rest between exercises.
Flutter Kick
Lying Heel Touch
Lying Knee Pull-In
Lying Leg Lift

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment