Monday, July 25, 2016

Crazy Busy Exhausting Day

Today was very different than any other day.... but it was awesome! I worked today at the gym where I am employed as a personal trainer... I watched videos about harassment policies, ethical behavior, dealing with blood borne pathogens, etc. Not too exciting. at all. But, then I shadowed one of the trainers who was working with a woman who is a true inspiration. Since December she has lost 22 lbs. and continues to work hard and dedicate herself to her fitness. It was awesome.

After that I was able to come home and fuel up before my evening training session in Olympic lifts. Man, was I glad that I did. I was fortunate to find a great coach here that was willing to take on coaching me and teaching me to coach others in exchange for cleaning the gym for six hours a week. I would love to line out exactly what I did for the workout but it was a bit of a blur. I can tell you that I received so many great tips on proper bio-mechanics and postural corrections that my mind was blown. I will say that most of my evening was spent breaking down the snatch into small movements until I was doing the whole movement and wrapped up the night with a bunch of back squats. I will do a better job of listing the workout in the future. I will say that it was bad ass.

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment