Friday, July 1, 2016

These Dogs Hate the 4th of July and the Workout

I am very excited for the long weekend after a week of early wake-ups to work at the UPS facility. I love the 4th of July. I especially like the reading of the Declaration of Independence on NPR stations on the holiday. The 4th of July is also my mother-in-law's birthday. The only thing that sucks about Independence Day as far as I am concerned is the fact that my two little Australian Cattle Dogs think all of the firework activity is incoming fire from some unseen enemy that is trying to take them out! As I was typing this, some early bird patriot set off a large device and both dogs came diving for cover in the bunker between the coffee table and sofa! Good luck boys.

Warm-Up: Perform each exercise in order with no rest between exercises to complete a round. Three rounds total.
Jump Rope, 40 repetitions
Barbell Good Morning, 10 repetitions
AbMat Sit-Up, 25 repetitions
Weight Training:
Back Squat with Heavy Chains, 5 sets of 4-6 repetitions
Standing Weighted Calf Raise, 5 sets of 15 repetitions
Barbell Good Morning, 5 sets of 8-10 repetitions
24" Box Jump, 5 sets of 10
Core Work: Perform 30 repetitions of each of the following exercises. No rest between exercises.
Flutter Kick
Lying Heel Touch
Lying Knee Pull-In
Lying Leg Lift

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment