Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Legs and Specific Muscles that are Targeted!

I often joke that in my small family of three (My partner Rebecca, dog Ocho and myself...) that I am the least intelligent member of the family. The dog is a genius and Rebecca is deep into medical school. Not that I am some kind of idiot, they are just brilliant.

I am preparing for my personal trainer certification and memorizing names of muscles, what joints they move and what exercises are used to work those muscles. Rebecca made the point that since I am already blogging workouts, why not add in the muscles worked in here to help with that! Like I said, brilliant.

Today's quote is from W.C. Fields:

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull."

Workout: Legs
Morning Session:
Warm-Up:
Jump Rope, 100 repetitions
Step-Ups, 25 repetitions
Jumping Jacks, 50 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 50 repetitions
Weight Training:
Back Squats with Heavy Chains, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked:Gluteus maximus, rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus intermedialis, vastus medialis, semitendinosus, semimembranosus, biceps femoris long head and short head)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Semitendinosus, semimembranosus, biceps femoris long head and short head)
25m Weighted Sled Push (525lbs.), 3 sets
(Primary muscles worked: Gluteus maximus, rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus intermedialis, vastus medialis)
Weighted Calf Raises, 3 sets of 15-25 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Gastrocnemius, soleus)
Afternoon:
3 Mile Run

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment