Thursday, March 9, 2017

International Women's Day and the Workout

I wore red to work yesterday in recognition of International Women.s Day. By far the most influential people in my life have been women.... Ticking off the best supervisors I have had in my professional life, the top three are all women. Far and away the two people that impacted my life the most are my stepmother Lynn and my friend's mother Dorothy. Brilliant, hardworking, honest and accepting only the highest of standards. A woman at work when I told her that I wanted to recognize her on International Women's Day said "Every day should be International Women's Day..." which I agreed with. My response though was, "That is true. But when we don't take time every day to recognize the people that deserve it, we need to take a day to make that happen."

Warm-Up:
Row, 20 minutes
Weight Training:
Supersets: Perform each exercise in order to complete a set. No rest between exercises. Three sets total.
Superset #1:
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press, 10 repetitions
Alternating Dumbbell Curl, 10 repetitions
Superset #2:
Push-Up, 15 repetitions
Dumbbell Triceps Kickback, 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Concentration Curl, 10 repetitions
Superset #3:
Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension, 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Wrist Curls with Supinated Grip, 10 repetitions

Captains of Crush Grip Trainer, 15 repetitions with each hand after each of the above supersets.
AbMat Sit-Up, 70 repetitions

Mobility:
Chest, shoulder and triceps stretches

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment