Saturday, February 25, 2017

Friday's Workout and Marathon Reality Check

I had a good lifting session on Friday morning and it will be the last lifting I do until after the Chattanooga Marathon. I have two more short runs before the race on Sunday March 5th. That is all of the exercise that will take place in the next week.

Based on my split times on my various training runs since September I have started to come to the reality that it will take a miracle for me to beat my marathon time from 15 years ago. On top of me being 15 years older, the Chattanooga Marathon has way more elevation gain than the B&A Trail Marathon. Not making excuses, just being realistic. I am hoping to have a good run and not embarrass myself. Hopefully I can pull THAT off!

Friday Workout:
Warm-Up:
Airdyne, 2 minutes
PVC Passthrough, 20 repetitions
PVC Wraparound, 20 repetitions
Foam Roller Work
Weight Training:
Back Squat Jump, 3 sets of 2 repetitions at 75%
Snatch, 2 repetitions at 60% and 70%, one repetition at 80%, 84%, 88%, 91%, 94%, 97% and 100%
Clean and Jerk, 2 repetitions at 60% and 70%, one repetition at 80%, 84%, 88%, 91%, 94%, 97% and 100%
Mobility:
Banded Shoulder Stretches
Hamstring Stretch
Quadriceps Stretch

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment