Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Nutty Whirlwind Day and the Workout

So, today was a very different day. I started out with a 3:45 am wake up to be at my first day of a job at UPS by 5 am. The job is a part-time package handling job. Basically what I did from 5 am-9 am was stack boxes from sellers that were bound for Amazon. It was hard, honest work in trailers that have no climate control and well... the boxes just keep coming! I found it to be pretty fun but physically demanding. You just have to stay hydrated. The one thing that I will say that I really like about UPS is that the folks doing that job like me.... working 17.5-20 hours a week of manual labor... after one year they get full benefits. That is the reason most of them are in those trailers moving boxes. I was working with a great guy that is a barber in his other occupation and has worked sorting packages for five years to get the health coverage.

I was done at UPS by 9 am and got one of our car's emissions test done on the way home so that it could get licensed and titled in Tennessee. This included a quick trip the Autozone to replace the 17 year old gas cap that could no longer pass the pressure test it needed to pass. Finally got home, ate some food, rested a bit and then worked out for the day.

After that I went to an interview and received an offer for a full-time job at the local Gold's Gym working as a personal trainer. I am pretty excited about this job. The one thing that I have not done yet is work in a fitness facility. The thing that I am most looking forward to is learning to generate a client list and working with a group of clients on a regular basis. I have been fortunate to have worked with a population of fit outdoor athletes and it will be really rewarding to work with people who are excited to take on fitness goals as a lifestyle change to better their lives.

Like I said, nutty whirlwind day.

Warm-Up:
Rowing Machine, 5 minutes
Weight Training:
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Hammer Curl, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Fly, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Dumbbell Concentration Curl, 3 sets of 10 repetitions per side
Captains of Crush Grip Trainers, 15 repetitions per hand after each of the above sets.
Core Work: Perform 25 repetitions of each of the following exercises. No rest between exercises.
Flutter Kick
Lying Heel Touch
Lying Knee Pull-In
Lying Leg Lift

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment