Thursday, December 18, 2014

Packing Up and Getting Ready to Roll

Today is really the last day we have to pack up ourselves and the dog for our drive to the east coast.  I have packed my bags, pulled out clothes for the drive, set up the house plants for success while we are gone and I still need to workout. After working out I need to put away my outdoor gym so that it is secure and protected from the weather while I am away.

This will also be my last post until December 22nd. We will be on the road for a few days and I will not be lifting. I will be doing a few things each day before I get into the car for a long day of driving: Stretching, abdominal and core work and foam roller work. Once we arrive on the east coast we will be doing a dumbbell and bodyweight lifting routine with running. We have found that having the adjustable dumbbells on the road have helped us maintain our strength even when on vacation. Once we are off the road and we start those workouts I will post again!

Today's quote is from John F. Kennedy:

"The best road to progress is freedom's road."

Workout: Legs
Jumping Jacks, 50 repetitions
Abdominal Crunches, 100 repetitions
Weight Training:
Back Squat, 5 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Rectus Femoris, gluteus maximus)
GHD, 5 sets of 15 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps femoris, gluteus maximus)
Standing Weighted Calf Raise, 5 sets of 15 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Gastrocnemius, soleus)

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment