Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Shopping, Practical Gifts and Lifting for Chest and Biceps

I am a person that tries to knock out all of my Christmas shopping in one sitting. I am not a person that likes to wander around stores and see if there is something that might work for people. I want to buy a gift that I know someone is going to use and is practical. I have been initially lit up a number of times for the gifts that I have gotten Rebecca: A Dyson vacuum, the best piece of rolling carry-on luggage I could find and a set of high thread count bed sheets. Romantic? No. But a month or two later I get redemption..."I am SO glad we have this vacuum! Flying around applying for medical school, this luggage was priceless! Ahhhhh, these sheets are so comfortable!"

Today's quote is from the Wizard of Oz:

"Hearts will never be practical until they are unbreakable."

Workout: Chest and Biceps
Warm-Up:
HIIT Spin Bike Routine, 30 minutes
Abdominal Crunches, 50 repetitions
Foam Roller Work
Weight Training:
Dumbbell Chest Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor)
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press, 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Clavicular head of the pectoralis major, anterior deltoid, triceps brachii)
Dumbbell Fly, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor)
Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii, brachialis, brachioradialis)
Bench Press, 5 sets of 1-5 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major, anterior deltoids, triceps brachii)
Dips, 3 sets of maximum repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Anterior deltoid, pectoralis major and minor, rhomboid major and minor, triceps brachii)
Barbell Curls, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii, brachialis, brachioradialis)

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment