Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lifting for the Back and the Functional WOD: "I Could Crush You, Like a Worm"

My middle name is Stewart and my last name is Murphy. You can't get more Scots-Irish than that.


Every time I exercise using an Atlas Stone I think of my ancestors and their fine tradition of moving rocks: Stone houses, stone walls and throwing stones. I love the scene from "Braveheart" where Hamish is training with stones because the English will not let them train with weapons. Hamish threatens William Wallace with a large boulder claiming, "I could crush you, like a worm". That exchange doesn't end well for Hamish, but man he threw that rock far!

Weight Training: Back
Dumbbell Pullover
One Armed Bent Over Dumbbell Row
Barbell Upright Row
TRX Row
Pull-Ups

Circuit WOD: "I Could Crush You Like a Worm" (Do exercises in order, three complete sets).
15m Weighted Sled Pull (Hand over Hand Drag with a Rope Attached to the Sled)
20 Sledgehammer Swings
5 Tire Flips
5 Stone Lifts (Onto a 48" High Platform)
Landmine Rows

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment