Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting Excited for the Field, Chest and Biceps

I am continuing to move toward getting ready to go into the field as part of the river instructor team for the Spring Semester in the Southwest. I am trying to wrap up all of my in-town work in preparation for the three week field contract. Having a job that is mostly in-town and part-time field instructor is a nice balance. Right now I am excited to go to the field again.

Today there were three of us for the evening workout, so we did a heavy lifting session for the chest, biceps and forearms. There were not a lot of exercises, but they were each pretty strenuous.

Today's quote is from Cate Blanchett:

"If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life - that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state."

Workout: Chest and Biceps
Warm-Up: Perform each exercise for one minute each.
Jump Rope
Trunk Twist
Abdominal Crunches
Weight Training:
Bench Press, 5 sets of 1-10 repetitions, ending with a one repetition maximum press
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major, anterior deltoids, triceps brachii)
Weighted Dip (Bodyweight +up to 85lbs.), 5 sets maximum repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Anterior deltoids, pectoralis major and minor, triceps brachii)
Dumbbell Fly, 3 sets of 10 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Pectoralis major and minor)
Super Set:
Axle Bar Biceps Curl, 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
(Primary muscles worked: Biceps brachii, flexor carpi radialis and ulnaris)
Wrist Roll Up, 3 sets to failure
(Primary muscles worked: Flexor carpi radialis and ulnaris)

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment